· Fetal Anomaly Scan is an Advanced Obstetrics ultrasound course for Pregnancy Assessment.
· This Advanced Ultrasound for Pregnancy Assessment courses are delivered with a main focus on the acquisition of extended practical skills on scanning techniques and protocols to identify/exclude fetal anomaly including Chromosomal or aneuploidy scan.
· This course will give you the practical and theoretical knowledge to perform and understand ultrasound examination in pregnancy with emphasis on ability of identifying fetal anomalies, including sonographic soft-markers for genetic abnormalities.
· This program will also demonstrate the techniques of Doppler assessment of Fetal-maternal circulation, fetal well-being and IUGR and Biophysical profile.
· One to One Hands-on training is the main focus on practical skills acquisition with practical and didactic classes with instructor-student of 1:5 ratios.
· State of the art training facility with modern ultrasound equipment ranging from basic machine to high resolution TVS, Color Doppler, 3D/4D facilities.
· The utilization of real pregnant patient supplemented by videos, slides, lectures etc.
· Time-frame of this course can be extended up to 15-90 days according to the participant’s special needs.
· This Advanced Obstetrics Ultrasound Program assumes a reasonable experience in the basic components of obstetrics ultrasound scanning.
· Are you an Obstetrician and or Sonologist looking to develop your ultrasound skills to identify fetal anomalies, Genetic or aneuploidy scanning?
· Are you an Obstetrician/Sonologist looking to learn ultrasound for pregnancy assessment in advance level with the ability to assess fetal-maternal circulation or Doppler assessment?
· Do you simply want to improve, refresh or extend your obstetric ultrasound technique?
“ THEN THIS IS THE
RIGHT COURSE FOR YOU
· This practical and focused course will provide you with the skills to:-
o Describe physical principles to understand and operate the ultrasound equipment.
o Demonstrate a scanning technique according to AIUM/ARDMS or global standard.
o Demonstrate advanced practical proficiency in performing and interpreting the following:
§ Normal and abnormal first trimester ultrasound evaluation.
§ Normal and abnormal 2nd and 3rd trimester ultrasound evaluation.
§ Fetal biometric assessment in 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimester.
§ Ultrasound assessment for fetal well being by using Doppler,
§ Ultrasound assessment for fetal anomalies.
§ Ultrasound assessment of placenta and cervix, especially in 3rd trimester.
o Discuss the principles of assessment of first trimester bleeding, miscarriage or abortions, ectopic pregnancy and other causes of pregnancy failure.
o Discuss the first trimester embryonic or fetal abnormality or aneuploidy scanning.
o Discuss the second and third trimester fetal abnormalities including biometry, fetal brain, spine, lungs, heart, kidneys, bladder, bowel, limbs, cord and cord insertion and abdominal walls.
o Discuss the sonographic soft-markers related with chromosomal abnormalities.
o Surveillance of preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, IUGR, fetal hypoxia.
o Discuss the clinical role, practical applications, and limitations of ultrasound in the assessment of pregnancy.
o Document and present complete and accurate sonographic findings for recording and reporting to facilitate appropriate diagnosis and management.
o Sonologist, OBGYN specialists & residents, who are looking to develop their ultrasound skill to identify fetal structural and chromosomal anomaly.
o OBGYN specialist, residents, sonologist and sonographers wants to learn ultrasound for pregnancy assessment in advance level with the ability to assess fetal-maternal circulation using Doppler.
o MRCOG candidate.
o A reasonable experience in OB ultrasound is expected.
o One month.
o Can be shortened or extended on demand or needs of individual candidate.
o Every month
o Starts on demand anytime.
o For upcoming schedule, please contact us.
o A “Certificate of Achievement” shall be awarded to the participants who registers and successfully completes all the requirement of the program.
· We welcome students from other countries to enrich our campus life and foster life-long relationships and international cultural interactions.
· We don’t have accommodation facilities at the moment for foreign students. However, if requested earlier, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby the campus.