•It is a component of Postgraduate Diploma in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound program.
•It is a one-year full time course, delivered both online and off-line with extensive supervised hands-on training
• It is also available as one-year online distance learning program with 2 months at site hands-on training.
•This program is intended for all medical doctors and allied health professionals who wish to perform general abdominal, small parts, thyroid, breasts, OBGYN and neurosonology of neonatal and infant brain ultrasonography independently for diagnostic purposes in advance standing or tertiary level.
•One to One Hands-on training with state of the art training facility, modern ultrasound equipment, supplemented by videos, lectures & American-Canadian licensed instructor.
•The online distant learning program is intended only for those who are unable to attend in a regular program due to their pre-occupation and/or for foreign students who cannot afford one year leave from their employers. However, they must ready for 2-month full time at site hands-on training at the end.
•The objective of this one-year duration PG-Diploma course is to produce advanced standing sonologist and sonographers through a very intensive and more detail course module comprising both didactic and hands on practical training that will be able to serve the community in a secondary or tertiary level hospitals or clinics.
•To obtain RDMS credentials from USA - our graduates after completion of this diploma course, becomes eligible to sit for American licensing examination popularly ARDMS, leading to RDMS, RDCS, RVT, RMSK credentials, a globally recognized in the field of ultrasound. Passing rate of our graduates in ARDMS examination is almost 100%, because our curriculum and hands on training follows the curriculum and scanning protocol of ARDMS and CARDUP (Sonography Canada).
It is a comprehensive course covering ARDMS & CARDUP Guideline for scanning technique and protocol along with didactic course curriculum. The subjects taught within the one year DMU program are:
o Sonographic principles & instrumentation (SPI),
o Abdominal ultrasound
o OBGYN ultrasound with Neurosonology
o Small parts and superficial structures and MSK ultrasound.
o Clinical practicum (hands-on) Part -I
o Clinical practicum (hands-on) Part - II
Neurosonology of Neonatal & Infant Brain and Spine - Course content -
o Obstetrics ultrasound - Course content (Part of Perinatal brain and Spain) -
o Normal first trimester
o Early pregnancy failure
o Ectopic pregnancy
o First Trimester anomaly screening at 11w-13W 6days.
o Normal 2nd & 3rd Trimester
o Extra Fetal assessment of Placenta, AF, Cervix, Uterus, Ovaries & adnexae
o Fetal age, Growth assessment & IUGR
o Multiple gestation's
o Fetal anomaly of CNS, face & neck
o Fetal heart – Normal heart & cardiac anomaly
o Abdominal wall defects
o Gastrointestinal tract anomaly
o Genito-Urinary anomaly
o Skeletal anomaly
o Chromosomal anomaly (aneuploidy)
o Non-chromosomal anomaly (Structural & developmental anomaly)
o Fetal hydrops, Diabetes, Hemolytic disease of new born
o Fetal surveillance by Doppler & Biophysical profile
o Recording, Interpretation & Report writing
• Course starts twice in a year. Student can enroll for –
• Winter session: January-December or,
• Fall session: July-June.
• Foreign students must apply at least three month ahead for visa processing.
• Eligibility Criteria for Bangladeshi Residents:
• MBBS, MD or any equivalent degree in Medicine, recognized by BMDC.
• Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Applicants or Non-Resident Bangladeshi:
• MBBS, MD or any equivalent degree in Medicine.
• Bachelor in Radiology Technology (RT)
• Bachelor in Medical Imaging Technology (BMIT)
• Bachelor in Physiotherapy
• Bachelor in Nuclear Medicine
• Bachelor of Nursing and/or Midwifery.
• Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine (BHMS).
• One Year for regular program (online and off-line with at-site hands-on training.
• One Year for distance learning (can vary with individual student) with 2 month intensive hands-on training
• In distance learning program, students can complete the course at their own pace and s/he must come on-site at our school at the end of the program for a minimum period of two (2) months for direct hands on training and final evaluation for certification.
We welcome students from foreign countries to enrich our campus life and foster life long relationships and international cultural interactions.
• Foreign students must apply at least three months ahead for visa processing.
• The certificates submitted by foreign students as prerequisite must be authorized and/or recognized by their respective board, university and/or medical council.
We have limited access of accommodation facilities at this moment for foreign students nearby the campus. However, it should be requested earlier to avail a seat. Or if one wants to stay elsewhere, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby.