• It is a component of Post Graduate Diploma in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound program.
• It is a one-year full time course, delivered both online and off-line with extensive supervised hands on training.
• It is also available as one-year online distance learning program with 2 months at site hands-on training.
• This program is intended for all medical doctors & allied health professionals who wish to perform general abdominal, small parts, thyroid, breasts and OBGYN ultrasonography independently for diagnostic purposes in advance standing or tertiary level.
• One to One Hands-on training with state of the art training facility, modern ultrasound equipment, supplemented by videos, lectures & American-Canadian licensed instructor.
• The online distant learning program is intended only for those who are unable to attend in a regular program due to their pre-occupation and/or for foreign students who cannot afford one year leave from their employers. However, they must ready for 2-month full time at site hands-on training at the end.
• The objective of this one-year duration PG-Diploma course is to produce advanced standing sonologist and sonographers through a very intensive and more detail course module comprising both didactic and hands on practical training that will be able to serve the community in a secondary or tertiary level hospitals or clinics.
• To obtain RDMS credentials from USA - Our graduates after completion of their diploma courses, becomes eligible to sit for American licensing examination popularly known as ARDMS, who provides RDMS, RDCS, RVT, RMSK certificates, a globally recognized credentials in the field of ultrasound. Passing rate of our graduates in ARDMS examination is almost 100%, because our curriculum and hands on training follows the curriculum and scanning protocol of ARDMS and CARDUP (Sonography Canada).
Course Content in DMU program:
DMU program is a comprehensive course covering all aspect of ARDMS & CARDUP curriculum for scanning technique and protocol along with didactic course and supervised hands on training. The subjects taught within the one year DMU program are:
o Sonographic principles & instrumentation (SPI),
o Abdominal ultrasound
o OBGYN ultrasound with Neurosonology
o Small parts and superficial structures and MSK ultrasound.
o Clinical practicum (hands-on) Part -I
o Clinical practicum (hands-on) Part - II
o Gynecology Ultrasound - Course content -
o Introduction, basic terminology and Image Orientation
o Anatomy of female pelvis
o Physiology of female pelvis
o Uterine & Vaginal pathology
o Ovarian and adnexal pathology
o PID & IUCD
o Infertility & ART
o Patient care, safety and quality assurance
o Obstetrics ultrasound - Course content -
o Normal first trimester
o Early pregnancy failure
o Ectopic pregnancy
o First Trimester anomaly screening at 11w-13W 6days.
o Normal 2nd & 3rd Trimester
o Extra Fetal assessment of Placenta, AF, Cervix, Uterus, Ovaries & adnexae
o Fetal age, Growth assessment & IUGR
o Multiple gestation's
o Fetal anomaly of CNS, face & neck
o Fetal heart – Normal heart & cardiac anomaly
o Abdominal wall defects
o Gastrointestinal tract anomaly
o Genito-Urinary anomaly
o Skeletal anomaly
o Chromosomal anomaly (aneuploidy)
o Non-chromosomal anomaly (Structural & developmental anomaly)
o Fetal hydrops, Diabetes, Hemolytic disease of new born
o Fetal surveillance by Doppler & Biophysical profile
o Recording, Interpretation & Report writing
• Course starts twice in a year. Student can enroll for –
• Winter session: January-December or,
• Fall session: July-June.
• Foreign students must apply at least three month ahead for visa processing.
• Eligibility Criteria for Bangladeshi Residents:
• MBBS, MD or any equivalent degree in Medicine, recognized by BMDC.
• Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Applicants or Non-Resident Bangladeshi:
• MBBS, MD or any equivalent degree in Medicine.
• Bachelor in Radiology Technology (RT)
• Bachelor in Medical Imaging Technology (BMIT)
• Bachelor in Physiotherapy
• Bachelor in Nuclear Medicine
• Bachelor of Nursing and/or Midwifery.
• Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine (BHMS).
• Course Duration:
• One Year for regular program (online and off-line with at-site hands-on training.
• One Year for distance learning (can vary with individual student) with 2 month intensive hands-on training
• In distance learning program, students can complete the course at their own pace and s/he must come on-site at our school at the end of the program for a minimum period of two (2) months for direct hands on training and final evaluation for certification.
• International Students:
We welcome students from foreign countries to enrich our campus life and foster life long relationships and international cultural interactions.
• Foreign students must apply at least three months ahead for visa processing.
• The certificates submitted by foreign students as prerequisite must be authorized and/or recognized by their respective board, university and/or medical council.
We have limited access of accommodation facilities at this moment for foreign students nearby the campus. However, it should be requested earlier to avail a seat. Or if one wants to stay elsewhere, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby.