• Small Parts & Superficial Structures Ultrasound is a core component of Diploma in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound program (DMU/DMUD).
• DMU is a comprehensive course covering almost all ultrasound modalities with North American ARDMS-CARDUP curriculum and scanning protocol for ARDMS registry exam.
• It is an one-year regular full time course, both online and off-line with at-site extensive hands on training.
• It is also available as distance learning online program with at least 2 month at site hands-on training.
This program is intended for all medical doctors and allied health professionals who wish to perform general abdominal, small parts, thyroid, breasts and OBGYN ultrasonography independently for diagnostic purposes in advance standing or tertiary level.
One to One Hands-on training with state of the art training facility, modern ultrasound equipment, supplemented by videos, lectures & American-Canadian licensed instructor.
The online distant learning program is intended only for those who are unable to attend in a regular program due to their pre-occupation and/or for foreign students who cannot afford one year leave from their employers. However, they must ready for 2-month full time at site hands-on training at the end.
The objective of this one-year duration Postgraduate Diploma course is to produce advanced standing sonologist and sonographers through a very intensive and more detail course module comprising both didactic and hands on practical training at advance level that will be able to serve the community in a secondary or tertiary level hospitals or clinics.
To obtain RDMS credentials from USA - our graduates after completion of this diploma courses, becomes eligible to sit for American licensing examination ARDMS, who provides RDMS, RDCS, RVT, RMSK certificates, a globally recognized credentials in the field of ultrasound. Passing rate of our graduates in ARDMS examination is almost 100%, because our curriculum and hands on training follows the curriculum and scanning protocol of ARDMS and CARDUP (Sonography Canada).
o Course Content in DMU program:
It is a comprehensive course covering all aspect of the ARDMS & CARDUP Guideline for scanning technique and protocol along with didactic course curriculum. The subjects taught within the one year DMU program are:
o Sonographic principles & instrumentation (SPI),
o Abdominal ultrasound
o OBGYN ultrasound with Neurosonology
o Small parts and superficial structures and MSK ultrasound.
o Clinical practicum (hands-on) Part -I
o Clinical practicum (hands-on) Part - II
Course Content in Small parts and superficial structures ultrasound -
o Neck, Thyroid & Parathyroid gland
o Prostate & Seminal Vesicles
o Scrotum & Testes
o Abdominal walls and Non-Cardiac chest.
o Basic MSK – muscles, joints and ligaments.
• Course starts twice in a year. Student can enroll for –
Winter session: January-December or,
Fall session: July-June.
• Foreign students must apply at least three month ahead for visa processing.
Eligibility Criteria for Bangladeshi Residents:
• MBBS, MD or any equivalent degree in Medicine, recognized by BMDC.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Applicants or Non-Resident Bangladeshi:
• MBBS, MD or any equivalent degree in Medicine.
• Bachelor in Radiology Technology (RT)
• Bachelor in Medical Imaging Technology (BMIT)
• Bachelor in Physiotherapy
• Bachelor in Nuclear Medicine
• Bachelor of Nursing and/or Midwifery.
• Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine (BHMS).
• One Year for regular program (online and off-line with at-site hands-on training.
• One Year for distance learning (can vary with individual student) with 2 month intensive hands-on training
• In distance learning program, students can complete the course at their own pace and s/he must come on-site at our school at the end of the program for a minimum period of two (2) months for direct hands on training and final evaluation for certification.
We welcome students from foreign countries to enrich our campus life and foster life long relationships and international cultural interactions.
Foreign students must apply at least three months ahead for visa processing.
The certificates submitted by foreign students as prerequisite must be authorized and/or recognized by their respective board, university and/or medical council.
We have limited access of accommodation facilities at this moment for foreign students nearby the campus. However, it should be requested earlier to avail a seat. Or if one wants to stay elsewhere, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby.