• It is a one-year regular full time course, delivered both online and off-line with at site hands on training.
• It is also available as one-year online distance learning program with 2 months at-site hands on training.
• This program is intended for all medical doctors and allied health professionals who wish to perform general abdominal, small parts, thyroid, breasts and OBGYN ultrasonography independently for diagnostic purposes in advance standing or tertiary level.
• One to One Hands-on training with state of the art training facility, modern ultrasound equipment, supplemented by videos, lectures & American-Canadian licensed instructor.
• This online distant learning program is intended only for those who are unable to attend in a regular program due to their pre-occupation and/or for foreign students who cannot afford one year leave from their employers. However, one must be ready for 2-month full time at site hands-on training at the end of the program.
Abdominal sonography is a basic component of general ultrasound practice. It is a part of PG-Diploma course in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound.The objective of this one-year duration course is to produce advanced standing sonologist and sonographers through a very intensive and more detail course module comprising both didactic and hands on practical training that will be able to serve the community in a secondary or tertiary level hospitals or clinics.
To obtain RDMS/CRGS credentials from USA/Canada, our graduates after completion of this diploma course, becomes eligible to sit for ARDMS/CRGS exam, who provides RDMS, RDCS, RVT, RMSK certificates, a globally recognized credentials in the field of ultrasound. Passing rate of our graduates in ARDMS examination is almost 100%, because our curriculum and hands on training follows the curriculum and scanning protocol of ARDMS and CARDUP (Sonography Canada).
Course Content - DMU Program -
Abdominal Sonography is a part of comprehensive course covering all aspect of the AIUM, ARDMS & CARDUP Guideline for scanning technique and protocol along with didactic course curriculum. The subjects taught within the one year DMU program are:
o Sonographic principles & instrumentation (SPI),
o Abdominal ultrasound
o OBGYN ultrasound with Neurosonology
o Small parts and superficial structures and MSK ultrasound.
o Clinical practicum (hands-on) Part -I
o Clinical practicum (hands-on) Part - II
Course Content - Abdominal Sonography -
o Introduction, Terminology & Image orientation
o Introduction, Basic Nomenclature, Terminology & Image orientation
o Abdominal vasculature – arterial system
o Abdominal vasculature – Systemic & Portal venous system
o Normal liver, anatomy and physiology
o Liver pathology
o Gall bladder and Biliary tree
o Spleen & Reticuloendothelial system
o Adrenal glands
o Normal Kidney & Lower urinary tract
o Kidney & Lower urinary tract pathology
o Transplant Kidney
o Gastrointestinal tract
o Peritoneal cavities, fluid collections, ascites
Course Contents - Small parts and superficial structures ultrasound -
(It is included within ABDOMEN specialty in RDMS/CRGS Registry Exam)
o Neck, Thyroid & Parathyroid gland
o Prostate & Seminal Vesicles
o Scrotum & Testes
o Abdominal walls and Non-Cardiac chest.
o Basic MSK – muscles, joints and ligaments.
• Course starts twice in a year. Student can enroll for –
• Winter session: January-December or,
• Fall session: July-June.
• Foreign students must apply at least three month ahead for visa processing.
Eligibility Criteria for Bangladeshi Residents:
• MBBS, MD or any equivalent degree in Medicine, recognized by BMDC.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Applicants or Non-Resident Bangladeshi:
• MBBS, MD or any equivalent degree in Medicine.
• Bachelor in Radiology Technology (RT)
• Bachelor in Medical Imaging Technology (BMIT)
• Bachelor in Physiotherapy
• Bachelor in Nuclear Medicine
• Bachelor of Nursing and/or Midwifery.
• Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine (BHMS).
• One year for regular program both online and off-line with at-site hands-on training.
• One year for online distance learning with 2 month intensive hands-on training
• In online distance learning program, students can complete the course at their own pace and s/he must come on-site at our school at the end of the program for a minimum period of two (2) months for direct hands on training and final evaluation for certification.
We welcome students from foreign countries to enrich our campus life and foster life long relationships and international cultural interactions.
Foreign students must apply at least three months ahead for visa processing.
The certificates submitted by foreign students as prerequisite must be authorized and/or recognized by their respective board, university and/or medical council.
We have limited access of accommodation facilities at this moment for foreign students nearby the campus. However, it should be requested earlier to avail a seat. Or if one wants to stay elsewhere, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby.