· It is a post graduate diploma program in OBGYN Ultrasound.
· It is a six-month comprehensive course on both Transabdominal and Transvaginal OBGYN Sonography.
· This program will give you the practical and theoretical knowledge to perform and understand both transabdominal and transvaginal pelvic examination, at your 'Point of Care' with AIUM Standard Protocol, including fetal structural and genetic anomaly screening.
· One to One Hands-on training with state of the art training facility, modern ultrasound equipment, supplemented by videos, lectures & American-Canadian licensed instructor.
· This program is intended for Gynecologist & Obstetricians, OBGYN residents & MRCOG candidates and allied health professionals who wish to perform OBGYN Ultrasonography independently for diagnostic purposes in advance standing or tertiary level.
· For sonologist or sonographers who are looking to enhance their ability to identify female pelvic pathology and pregnancy screening at more advance or tertiary level including first trimester and 2nd trimester fetal anomaly scan, Infertility screening, Fetal surveillance and IUGR assessment using Duplex Doppler imaging in both transabdominal and transvaginal approach.
· For those who wants to enhance or improve their technique in both transabdominal and transvaginal scanning.
· It is a comprehensive course covering all aspect of the AIUM, ARDMS & CARDUP Guideline for scanning technique and protocol along with didactic course curriculum. The subjects taught within the six month program are:
o Obstetrical ultrasound
o Gynecological ultrasound
o Clinical practicum (hands-on)
o Sonographic principles & instrumentation (SPI)
· Course content - OB-ultrasound:
o Normal first trimester
o Early pregnancy failure
o First Trimester anomaly screening at 11w-13W 6days
o Normal 2nd & 3rd Trimester
o Fetal age, Growth assessment & IUGR
o Multiple gestation
o Fetal anomaly – Head & spine, face & neck
o Fetal heart – Normal heart & cardiac anomaly
o Abdominal wall defects
o Gastrointestinal tract anomaly
o Genito-Urinary tract anomaly
o Skeletal anomaly
o Aneuploidy – Chromosomal anomaly
o Non-chromosomal anomaly
o Fetal surveillance by Doppler & Biophysical profile
o Recording, Interpretation & Report writing
· Course content - Gynecology ultrasound:
o Introduction, basic terminology and Image Orientation
o Normal anatomy of female pelvis
o Physiology of female pelvis
o Uterine & Vaginal pathology
o Ovarian pathology
o PID & IUCD
o Infertility & ART
o Patient care, safety and quality assurance
· Course content - Sonographic principles & Instrumentation:
o Introduction and Basic terminology
o Wave parameters –sound wave & ultrasound wave
o Interaction of ultrasound & tissues
o Transducer theories, TGC & echo-ranging
o Pulse-echo imaging & instrumentation
o Display mode, image storage & recording
o Doppler principles & Instrumentation
o Image artifacts in grey scale ultrasound & Doppler
o Quality assurance & quality control
o Bioeffects and patients safety
o Protocols and New Technologies
· Course starts twice in a year. Student can enroll for –
· Winter session: January-December.
· Fall session: July-June.
· Six month regular program.
· MBBS, MD or any equivalent degree in Medicine, recognized by BMDC
· OBGYN specialists, OBGYN residents
· MRCOG, FCPS, MD Candidates.
· Foreign students with equivalent degree or BSc in Nursing & Midwifery.
· We welcome students from foreign countries to enrich our campus life and foster life-long relationships and international cultural interactions.
, Foreign students must apply at least three month ahead for visa processing.
· Accommodation: we have limited access of accommodation facilities at this moment for foreign students nearby the campus. However, it should be requested earlier to avail a seat. Or if one wants to stay elsewhere, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby.