• It is a part of Post Graduate Diploma/ARDMS exam preparation course in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound.
• It is a full time course, delivered both online and off-line.
• It is also available as one-year distance learning online program with 2 months at site hands-on training.
• This program is intended for all medical doctors and allied health professionals who wish to perform General abdominal, small parts, thyroid, breasts and OBGYN independently for diagnostic purposes in advance standing or tertiary level.
• One to One Hands-on training with state of the art training facility, modern ultrasound equipment, supplemented by videos, lectures & American-Canadian licensed instructor.
• This online distant learning program is intended only for those who are unable to attend in a regular program due to their pre-occupation and/or for foreign students who cannot afford one year leave from their employers. However, they must ready for 2-month full time at site hands-on training at the end.
• The objective of this one-year duration PG-Diploma course is to produce advanced standing sonologist and sonographers through a very intensive and more detail course module comprising both didactic and hands on practical training that will be able to serve the community in a secondary or tertiary level hospitals or clinics.
• To obtain RDMS credentials from USA - our graduates after completion of this diploma course, becomes eligible to sit for American licensing examination ARDMS, who provides RDMS, RDCS, RVT, RMSK certificates, globally recognized credentials in the field of ultrasound. Passing rate of our graduates in ARDMS examination is almost 100%, because our curriculum and hands on training strictly follows the curriculum and scanning protocol of ARDMS and Sonography Canada.
Course Content of DMU program:
SPI is a core component of comprehensive course covering all aspect of the AIUM, ARDMS & CARDUP Guideline for scanning technique and protocol along with didactic course curriculum.
The subjects taught within the one year DMU/ARDMS/Advance Diploma program includes:
o Sonographic principles & Instrumentation (SPI)
o Abdominal ultrasound
o Small parts and superficial structures ultrasound
o OBGYN ultrasound
o Neurosonology of neonatal & Infant Brain
o Clinical practicum (hands-on) Part -I
o Clinical practicum (hands-on) Part - II
Course content of Sonographic principles & instrumentation (SPI):
o Introduction and Basic terminology
o Wave parameters –sound wave & ultrasound wave parameters
o Interaction of ultrasound & tissues
o TGC & echo-ranging
o Ultrasound Transducer theories & types
o Pulse-echo imaging & instrumentation
o Display mode, image storage & recording
o Doppler principles & Instrumentation
o Image artifacts in grey scale ultrasound &
o Image artifacts in Doppler ultrasound
o Bioeffects and patient’s safety
o Quality assurance & quality control
o New technologies & Protocol
· Course starts twice in a year.
Student can enroll for –
· Winter session: January-December or,
· Fall session: July-June.
· Foreign students must apply at least three month ahead for visa processing.
Eligibility Criteria for Bangladeshi
· MBBS, MD or any equivalent degree in Medicine, recognized by BMDC.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign
Applicants or Non-Resident Bangladeshi:
· MBBS, MD or any equivalent degree in Medicine.
· Bachelor in Radiology Technology (RT)
· Bachelor in Medical Imaging Technology (BMIT)
· Bachelor in Physiotherapy
· Bachelor in Nuclear Medicine
· Bachelor of Nursing and/or Midwifery.
· Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine (BHMS).
We welcome students from foreign countries to enrich our campus
life and foster life
long relationships and international cultural interactions.
Foreign students must apply at least three months ahead for visa processing.
The certificates submitted by foreign students as prerequisite
must be authorized
and/or recognized by their respective board, university and/or medical council.
we have limited access of accommodation facilities at this moment
for foreign students nearby the campus. However, it should be requested earlier to
avail a seat. Or if one wants to stay elsewhere, we may assist to find suitable